Friday, April 8, 2011

My personal heroine, Miss Cindy Bender

For anyone who was present at the recent Trail Daze, or indeed awake at any of the local crags for most of the last three years, Cindy Bender has become a fixture in Smoke Hole area climbing. Her ready smile and laughter, her generous and encouraging nature, her often vocal resolve to climb as hard as she can, whenever she can, redefining the limitations of the battle she fights day to day with and shattering all the myths of what a former mom, stroke victim, and multiple back surgery patient can accomplish with a singular focus of will, an unflinchingly honest assessment ofd reality and an open acceptance of whatever life brings.

I offer here a link to her blogsite, and a look into aa life less ordinary, one I am proud to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate and welcome commentary related to my posts, any spammers or trolls will be hunted to the farthest corners of the Internet, where I will get medieval on the offending poster with pliers and a blowtorch.