Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Trail Crew

While I have recently taken the National Forest, NF Law and Local Law Enforcement to task, I would like to thank the officers of the Apache Trail Crew, both Pinal and Maricopa County, who patrol the borders and back roads of the Superstitions Wilderness and Salt River Lakes region.  Usually operating alone, with thousands of acres to cover on horrible roads with backup an hour or more away, or flying in conditions that have grounded most pilots, these men and women bring a sense of safety and order to a place in which they do not receive much in the way of official support or public appreciation.

I'd like to take this opportunity to simply say "Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate and welcome commentary related to my posts, any spammers or trolls will be hunted to the farthest corners of the Internet, where I will get medieval on the offending poster with pliers and a blowtorch.