Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Belated, but only because I didn't bother getting online yesterday, choosing instead to share my Father's Day wishes with my Father, Gilbert Gray

Today, I will tell the world that, no matter how much we may disagree on some things, and no matter the errors of the past, he is a comfort, a loving soul, a teacher and an inspiration, who came from a place most people could not imagine, who rose above his own beginnings to be something more, who saw the far side of the world, lost friends and lived in many worlds, loved and raised and provided for a family, fought fires and floods and flew planes, taught children and served as a shining example for many adults. 

Thank you, Dad, for all you have done and been, you have been and will always be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I appreciate and welcome commentary related to my posts, any spammers or trolls will be hunted to the farthest corners of the Internet, where I will get medieval on the offending poster with pliers and a blowtorch.